Recognize upper and lower case letter
- Color sheet with the lower case letter on it (my oldest knows all the letters in their Capital form)
- Letter Hunt: Throughout the week search for the letter of the week
- Word Hunt: How many words can you come up with that start with the letter of the week? What around you starts with the letter of the week?
- Where can you go that starts with the letter of the week?
- Island (we live near a river and there is an island, or well more a peninsula now, that has a playground to play at and trails to walk and explore)
- Ice Cream Cones
- Cut out or trace and have kids cut out ice cream scoop shapes
- Cut out the letter I from brown paper (this becomes the cone)
- Glue on scoops
- Bonus art: Igloo
- Cut out igloo shape from blue paper, glue onto white paper
- Glue cotton balls onto it
You can see more curriculum ideas on my post about our 2017/2018 curriculum by Clicking Here.